I'l tell you why I'm totally hooked on Korean dramas now, when I adamantly REFUSED to watch any of them a few years ago.
I was MISLED by past Korean dramas like Winter Sonata and Stairway to Heaven to believe that all of them are overflowing with tears, whether it is required or not. They probably fill up an entire Amazon River with the amount of tears of theirs.
BUT.
But I started again (I think Boys Over Flowers was one of the pushing factors). And now, I'm hooked to 4 different ones!
Lie to Me (对我说谎试试)
This drama is just SWEET. Even though it had the same cheesy storyline as many others, the couple got married due to unforeseen circumstances. The guy being the cold and arrogant president of a hotel and the lady being a normal government officer. And they started falling in love with each other. But what is really the pulling factor are the acting of Yoon Eun Hye as Gong Ah Jung and Kang Ji Hwan as Hyun Ki Joon.
They are totally AWESOME.
It's currently at episode 12 now, synopsis being at http://koalasplayground.com/ if you're too lazy to dl and watch on Funshion.
City Hunter (城市猎人)
Only started watching this today but I'm predicting that I'll be HOOKED. With Lee Min Ho (acting as Lee Yun Seong) as the main attraction with lots of action, revenge and whatever (along the spy and patriot genre if you ask me), you'll be gawking over how Lee Min Ho can be so cute at times and so incredibly hot as a spy the next. With his character being a MIT PhD graduate (Prof/Dr) who has superb hacking skills and a great shot (There's a scene where all his shots are so accurate that there is only 1 hole on the target. But well, he of course was misunderstood 'cos his cover is supposed to be a geek who sucks at everything physical)! And his 'father' uncle is a betrayed soldier turned drug lord so he's filthy RICH. O.o
The Greatest Love/Best Love (最佳爱情)
Dokko Jin (Cha Seung Won). Goo Ae Jung (Gong Hyo Jin).
2 different statuses in the entertainment world.
Fell in love after many accidents.
The male lead is a tough but actually a little boy at heart too.
Like Ki Joon (LTM). But Ki Joon is so much cuter! :x
Romance Town (浪漫小镇)
Now this story is a bit messy. Setting in a rich town where there are the masters and the maids. Lord knows how complicated the relationships between the masters are. Well, the one we want to take note of is of course the main leads, Kang Gun Woo (Jung Gyu Woon) and No Soon Geum (Sung Yu Ri). I really think Shi Ah (Soon Geum while acting rich) is prettier than her original maid look. But NO i won't want the past fat Gun Woo 'cos he looks awesome when he slimmed down. And because of Soon Geum winning the lottery, she's actually way richer than Gun Woon despite her being his maid! Well, he's very pitiful all because of his annoying dad.
The last 3 shows' synopsis can be found at http://www.dramabeans.com/!
And on Funshion of course. except they have Chinese titles.
I didn't start on Miss Ripley (雷普利小姐) because it looked messy (even messier than Romance Town)
I will need time to organize things in my head so shall get down to it soon! :D
With my 醉后决定爱上你, 美乐加油 & JIN -仁-2, that makes 7 different dramas that I'm following! OMG. Here are the latest updates of which episode each shows are at (currently on my desktop to remind myself).
醉后决定爱上你 9
美乐加油 2
JIN -仁-2 9
Lie to Me 11
Best Love 12
City Hunter 6
Romance Town 10
JIN -仁-2 is ending next week so I guess 6 will be quite okay. (:
2 TWDramas, 1 JDorama, 4 KDrama. WOW. I'm so occupied.
And I still haven't finish watching Running Man. And Secret Garden. And 49 Days. And..... D:
No comments:
Post a Comment